Illinois: Call your lawmakers in support of taxing and regulating cannabis for adults
Calling your lawmakers is a quick way to make your voice heard. Senators and Representatives speak on behalf of their constituents, and this is a chance for you to encourage yours to support an end to cannabis prohibition in Illinois.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Ending marijuana prohibition will help reduce the underground cannabis trade and bring in important tax revenue. If we can control alcohol, we can control cannabis.
- Depending on the time of day or week, you may end up talking with the lawmaker, a member of his or her staff, or you may need to leave a voice message.
- If you are directed to voicemail, please leave a message with your name, hometown, and phone number. Expect to be asked for that information if speaking with a person.
- If you have a personal story related to the harms of marijuana prohibition policies, please consider sharing it.
- Always be polite – we are trying to persuade. Negative comments work against our efforts.
How does Click to Call work?
- Enter your phone number and any other required information, then click the 'Start Making Phone Calls' button.
- You will see a list of targets to call. Choose a target, and click the 'Click to Call' button.
- You will receive an automatic phone call from this system. It will ask you to press a key to confirm that you'd like to make the call.
- You will be connected directly to the target so you can let them know how you feel about this issue. You can use the provided talking points to help.